Wet Weather Again!

February 11th, 2013 at 8:18 am by under Weather

Here comes more rain to the region.  It started a little last night, but the rain really grew in coverage this morning.  Luckily it was all on the light side and somewhat scattered for the early morning commute.

Super Doppler 10 This Morning

The scattered to occasional showers will continue through the midday hours.  Then the coverage will decrease this afternoon.  The rain chances this morning are about 70%.  The chance will drop to 30% for the afternoon.  Temperatures started very warm in the low 50s this morning.  This afternoon we’ll rise to the low/mid 60s due to the strong southerly winds.  Winds will gust up to 30mph.  A cold front is off to our west today.  We are in the warm zone between that and the warm front to our north.

Today’s Forecast Map

Tonight the cool front will move through and will dry things out.  Lows will drop to the low 40s with some upper 30s inland.  The breeze should stay up, so that is what should keep the temperatures from dropping too far.  If the winds cut inland, then we could see a few mid 30s there.  Tomorrow we will be cooler, but still not bad for mid February.  Highs will be in the mid 50s with westerly breezes.  Then we’ll see an area of low pressure move through the region on Wednesday.  This will deliver another day of rain showers.  We could see some heavier rain with that system with an added half inch to an inch.  Today’s rain should only add up to about a tenth to a quarter of an inch:

Forecast Rain Totals

We’ll have some dry weather for Thursday and Friday.  Temps will be fairly mild (highs in the 50s).  Then next weekend some colder weather will move into the region.  We could even see a few flurries or light snow showers next Saturday night, but the models disagree on the details a bit.  Stay tuned snow-lovers.  And speaking of snow….how about the northeast states?  Some cities ended up with 40 inches of snow this last weekend.  A lot of that will melt today as their temperatures are warming to the 40s.  When that does all melt, then there will probably be problems with flooding.  As if the northeast states haven’t had enough to deal with in the last few months. Too bad we can’t ship some of that to the central U.S.

Meteorologist: Jeremy Wheeler

2 Responses to “Wet Weather Again!”

  1. Allen Mayfield says:

    Hello my dear friend, I watch your weather progarm every day. You are doing a very job
    ! THANKS:-)
    Have a bless day

    1. Jeremy Wheeler says:

      Thanks Allen. I appreciate the comment. You take care and have a blessed day too. Jeremy

Leave a Reply