Hurricane Chris DevelopsJune 21st, 2012 at 3:45 pm by Jeff Edmondson WAVY under Weather
Not much to worry about with this storm, but we do have our first hurricane of the 2012 season. Chris developed into a Category 1 Hurricane earlier today.
You can see the center of this storm is very far away. Its over 1,700 miles to our northeast and likely going to be staying in this same area of the next few days ahead.
There is also another area to watch right now in the Gulf of Mexico:
This might be an area for development of the next tropical system which could track north further into the Gulf of Mexico. For now we will keep our eyes on it as the computer models have been disagreeing where this thing will end up. Some have said Texas and other bring it up the east coast.
As for now its still hot and humid and here are a few tips to stay cool and safe:
- Slow Down
- Spend More Time in Air Conditioning
- Don’t Get Too Much Sun
- Drink Plenty of Water
- Bring the Family Pet inside to keep them cool.
- Keep the proper tire inflation on your car’s tires.
- Check your Coolant Level on your car.
- Always Lock you car door when at home to prevent a child from entering the car.
There a bunch more heat safety tips from the National Weather Service’s website.
Meteorologist Jeff Edmondson